When I wake up on a work day (it doesn't matter whether it's early or late), I get on station and figure out which truck I'm on; there's a screen in the mess room that shows the fleet number – my truck – beside mine and my crewmate's names and our call-sign for the shift. I go to the key safe, use the appropriate code and take out the keys matching the fleet number (assuming that the keys don't belong to a truck still out on the road). Then I go to the drugs room, using my ID card to gain entrance. Inside, I use a specially allocated smart key to gain access to the drugs lockers to take out my meds for the shift. I then have to separately access another safe to get my morphine ampoules which I have to sign out and have witnessed. I also have to ensure that the numbers between the book and safe tally before closing the safe. So once I have my drugs, I go back to my truck and start to check it over. Engine, and all lights (incl. hazards and blues) on for a wal...
Sean,Martin was a talented and artistic man who did not have the privilege of a private education,for the record he died in 2000.Scanlon is the correct spelling chech your history.
ReplyDelete@Anonymous: you are of course right! My apologies for the error, I really should know better as he was my grand-uncle! I remember the date of his death but again, you're right; in the interests of accuracy, I should have included it. I don't suppose you'd have any more information on the man that you'd like to share? He and his uncle Tom Munnelly (my great grand uncle, also from Erris) were two of the cleverest men I ever met; they might not have had the questionable benefits of a private education but they were without doubt two of the best read individuals you'd encounter in a day's walk. Again, thanks for your comments, it's great to have the work read so closely, even if it shows my manifest editorial shortcomings! Keep those observations coming!
ReplyDelete