Skip to main content

Dawkins is a ‘numpty’ says omniscient being: A Halo! Exclusive

‘I just don’t believe in Richard Dawkins,’ says God in a recent sensational interview published in Halo! 

God, an all powerful deity and self-proclaimed supreme ruler of the Universe, told a reporter in a vision yesterday that He just wasn't convinced by Richard Dawkins, even going so far as to label the Oxford-educated philosopher a ‘bit of a numpty’.
“You compare the lad Dawkins with the big boys, your Nietzsches or even on a good day, your Kierkegaards and he’s only a clogger, a journeyman atheist,” says God in a frank and exclusive interview with Reggie Cakebread. “Those lads were real nihilists, masters of the abyss game; they even had Me questioning My own existence. Just as well ‘the man downstairs’ picked up their post-mortem contracts,” confided the omniscient being.
Dawkins, widely and inexplicably believed to be very clever (and proof according to God, that ‘intellectually speaking, you really can polish a turd’), has become a household name with his easily-accessible brand of teenage-shocker atheism. 

God: 'Dawkins, you're s**t, 
and you know you are!
The Man Upstairs, sees it differently, according to the Cakebread interview and even calls Dawkins a ‘rubbish atheist’ who'd made a career out of claiming to prove the unknowable.
The intrepid interviewer (a long-time tabloid hack and born-again recovering PCP-user) confessed to being terrified when first he was visited by the tongues of celestial flame at three o’clock one morning in the middle of an angel-dust and 'Razzle' episode but was determined not to let that get in way of the story.
Reggie Cakebread: could
divine scoop make him
the new Piers Morgan?
“It started out as a nice soft interview, a bit of a catch-up, who’s Your favourite on X-Factor and Strictly Come Dancing, that kind of thing, but very quickly, it became a bitching session," reveals Cakebread.
"He did go on a bit about loving your fellow man; ending capitalism and the rest of that other touchy-feely, lefty-liberal stuff," recalls Reggie. 

"But I noticed that he kept coming back to his Book, saying all the answers were in it; so then I knew right away he was hoping for a plug with the Christmas punters. And that's when I started looking for something a bit more in-depth; in this game, it’s all give and take innit?” says Cakebread.
“When I mentioned the name Dawkins, well, the atmosphere changed,” Cakebread describes dramatically. “Then He just goes into one, talking about how He doesn’t believe in him; how he’s just not convincing. ‘He’s barely a figment of My imagination’, that kind of stuff. “
Cakebread apparently then asked Him, ‘well why don’t You just 'off' Dawkins if You’re so powerful?’
Dawkins: figment of God's imagination? 

The last word goes to God: “Why would I do that? He’s only a publicity-hungry crank, the Ian Paisley of Atheism; as long as he's around, the future of organised religion is assured,” laughed the supreme divinity dismissively before being called away to appear on the gable end of a church.
(Mr Cakebread continues to recover at the Bedlam hospital for the Perenially Bewildered and his Fleet Street editor continues to publish his copy.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down a Rabbit-Hole

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Seán Flynn. I'm 56 years old and I have been a front-line paramedic with the London Ambulance Service in the East End for the past seven years. It's a job I love and, by and large, it's the happiest I've been in a long and varied working life. I am also an accredited GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) coach with enhanced DBS clearance; both as a coach and as a registered clinician. I recently travelled to the West Bank in order to coach three teams in the territory under the aegis of GAA Palestine, introducing the children to Gaelic football. I was lucky enough to travel first to South Bethlehem, then to the Al Am'ari Refugee Camp in Ramallah and then on to Qabatya in Jenin. It's important to note at this point however that the individual with whom I was initially due to travel, pulled out on the morning of the trip as the result of a cancelled connecting flight; leaving me to fly out on my own.  As a consequ...

Never thought my life would be like this

    When I wake up on a work day (it doesn't matter whether it's early or late), I get on station and figure out which truck I'm on; there's a screen in the mess room that shows the fleet number – my truck – beside mine and my crewmate's names and our call-sign for the shift. I go to the key safe, use the appropriate code and take out the keys matching the fleet number (assuming that the keys don't belong to a truck still out on the road). Then I go to the drugs room, using my ID card to gain entrance. Inside, I use a specially allocated smart key to gain access to the drugs lockers to take out my meds for the shift. I then have to separately access another safe to get my morphine ampoules which I have to sign out and have witnessed. I also have to ensure that the numbers between the book and safe tally before closing the safe. So once I have my drugs, I go back to my truck and start to check it over. Engine, and all lights (incl. hazards and blues) on for a wal...

A Deptford Particular

Earlier this month and for the last time, I trained at the Lord Clyde Boxing Gym in Deptford. When it closed, I lost one of my favourite places in all of London. The gym at the ‘Clyde shut its doors after a protracted legal battle that had initially seen the plucky little boozer successfully challenge the developers’ plans. Landlord Rory McInally brought together a wide coalition to oppose the move. But the developers have since hit back and have succeeded in their objections to the gym’s continued use. This was a place where local kids boxed for free, trained and supervised by former professional boxers fer chrissakes. Plans had even been afoot to revive the Cuban-style outdoor gym in the backyard for the Summer months. While we’re not always the biggest fans of the police on these pages we do acknowledge that those officers who have any interest in building community relations have always traditionally recognised the value  of local boxing gyms and the ‘Clyde had ...